Hello all you wellness aficionados out there! Have you ever stumbled upon the term “tincture” while browsing the aisles of your local health food store or maybe while diving deep into the world of holistic wellness online? Perhaps it’s been talked about in yoga classes or praised at the latest health seminar you attended. Today, we're going to demystify these plant-tastic bottles of goodness and give you the tools you need to understand how they can help you reach your wellness goals!
First off, what is a tincture?
At its core, a tincture is a concentrated liquid extract of an herb or a mixture of herbs. Think of it as the essence of a plant, captured and concentrated in liquid form. The extraction process usually involves soaking the herbs in alcohol, which acts as a solvent to pull out the beneficial constituents of the plant. This method has been around for centuries, and there’s a reason it’s stood the test of time!
We partner with experts in the field who understand the science and art of herbal extraction and have decades of hands-on experience and training in traditional techniques coupled with modern empirical protocols, current phytochemical understanding, and strict attention to quality control. They are produced at an FDA-Registered facility.
But, why alcohol?
Some of you may be raising an eyebrow and thinking, “Alcohol? Really?” Yes, indeed! Here’s why:
- Extraction: Alcohol is fantastic at extracting a wide range of plant compounds, including those that water and glycerin can’t quite manage to grasp.
- Bioavailability: When consumed, the alcohol helps our bodies assimilate the herbal constituents more efficiently.
- Preservation: Alcohol acts as a natural preservative, allowing tinctures to have a shelf life that can span several years.
- Sustainability: Alcohol extracts plant compounds more efficiently than other solvents, such as glycerin. By reducing the amount of raw plant material needed, we not only minimize our impact on the environment but also make better use of our natural resources.
Let’s talk about the benefits!
Each tincture holds its own unique benefits, derived from the very essence of the plants it's made from, and the benefits are as vast as the plant kingdom itself! We’re excited to offer a selection that supports a wide range of common concerns, from stress relief to immune support to energy enhancement. Here’s a quick reference to our tinctures and what they can do for you!
- Ashwagandha: Feeling overwhelmed? Ashwagandha is like a chill pill from Mother Nature! It’s perfect when you want to wind down and relax.
- Asian Ginseng: A great kickstarter! Whether you’re working on fitness goals or some brain power for a big presentation, Asian Ginseng has your back. Say goodbye to sugar-soaked energy drinks and hello to this clean, plant-based boost.
- Echinacea Blend: We’ve taken two parts of the Echinacea plant, the roots and the aerial parts, to give you a super powered tincture packed with immune supporting benefits - great to keep your body feeling healthy year round!
- Elderberry: This antioxidant packed plant helps to fend off those nasty bugs that can bring you down. Great to have on hand during cold and flu season, Elderberry supports your body’s ability to shield against unwelcome visitors!
- Lemon Balm: Having trouble falling asleep or feeling a little on edge? Lemon Balm acts like a comforting, snuggable blanket of good vibes that helps calm the nerves and offer a sense of well-being.
- Turmeric: Aches and pains? We all get them! Thankfully nature has us covered with Turmeric, which has long been used to ease discomfort and tension, making everyday feel a little bit better.
How do you use a tincture?
Using a tincture is as easy as 1-2-3. Simply shake the bottle, add two dropperfuls into your favorite beverage, and drink up! Some brave souls even take it directly under the tongue for fast absorption. Be aware that this method can be quite intense - so keep a chaser nearby!
Feeling experimentational? Tinctures can also be added to condiments, like salad dressings and honey, or to your own favorite no-bake recipes. Do not add them to boiling beverages or baking food because the high heat will damage the tincture’s therapeutic properties.
And there you have it - all the information you need to start your new natural wellness obsession! Armed with this knowledge, you’re well-equipped to explore the amazing benefits of tinctures. Remember, the journey to natural wellness is a personal one, so always consult a healthcare professional to ensure that you’re choosing the best tincture for your individual needs. Here’s to a healthier, more balanced you. Cheers to your well-being!
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.