By: Christina Smith, Certified Aromatherapist
I can’t tell you how many people ask me about helping rooms smell better! Typical rooms are laundry rooms and bathrooms and boy rooms (hehe). You can try these Gel Air fresheners. These handy and easy to make baking soda air fresheners are the answer!! Join me in making one:
What you’ll need:
- Baking soda
- Glass mason jar, with screw on band
- Coffee filter
- Essential oils of your choice. Choose refreshing uplifting scents (like Orange Sweet, Lemon, Spearmint, or Fir Needle) I used Energy and use this one next to my computer!
What you’ll do:
- Depending on how many you want to make, measure out your baking soda.
- You’ll use 1/2 cup of baking soda per jar and 20-30 drops of oil per 1/2 cup.
- Place baking soda and essential oils into a glass bowl and stir well to combine.
- Scoop baking soda into your jar, place filter on top and screw on lid.
That’s it! Now go place that jar in where you need some refreshing! Shake every few days to renew scent. The baking soda works to pull odors from the air, while the essential oils release a fresh scent! In time, your baking soda can be refreshed with new essential oils. You can reuse this 2-3 times before discarding the baking soda.