By: Kimberly Daun, Certified Aromatherapist
School is certainly a time when my kids seem to be sharing germs weekly. When they aren’t feeling well they typically request a bath as that in itself seems to help them feel better. I made a master blend of essential oils that are both calming and support their immune systems so it’s perfect for an evening bath.
What you’ll need:
- 1 cup baking soda
- 1/2 cup citric acid
- 1/2 cup corn starch
- 2 1/2 Tbsp of Almond Carrier Oil (you can use the carrier of your preference)
- 3/4 Tbsp of water
- Silicone Mold
Essential Oil Master Blend:
- 25 drops Orange Sweet
- 24 drops Ho Wood
- 20 drops Thyme Linalool
- 11 drops Sandalwood Australian
- 4 drops Chamomile German
- Optional, I added 21 drops Manuka
- 5 mL bottle
*Omit Thyme to make this recipe safe for your children under the age of 10*
What you’ll do:
- Mix dry ingredients together.
- Slowly mix in carrier oil and water.
- Push firmly into molds.
- Let dry overnight.
- I mixed my essential oils in with a carrier oil (just to help dilute efficiently even though the bombs themselves already have a carrier oil) and put about 5 drops on each bath bomb the next morning (I was concerned about the essential oils dissipating while being left in open air overnight).
This post contains affiliate links which support Africa Heartwood Project. This means they will receive a commission if you make a purchase using these links. To learn more about Africa Heartwood Project click here.