You already diffuse at home, keep a personal inhaler with you at all times for emergencies and probably wear aromatherapy jewelry. But the most overlooked space in our lives for diffusion isn’t obvious: Our cars!
According to one study, Americans spend 18 days a year or more in their cars, and at least 8 hours a week. It’s no wonder then that your car can become almost a second home, almost an extension of yourself. That same study reported that 45% of people cried when they had to give up a vehicle they were attached to (I know I have!) which just goes to show you how important that time spent in your car can be.
But it’s also a missed opportunity – time spent in the car is 8 hours a week that we could be using to better our mental and physical health, instead of raging at the drivers around us or counting the minutes until you get home. This is where our newest must-have essential oil accessory comes in. Meet the Crystal Carfresh Diffuser!
Crystal Carfresh: Chic passive diffusion
Get chic on-the-go diffusion with Plant Therapy’s Crystal Carfresh Diffuser. Make your commute much more bearable – it takes just 5-6 drops of your favorite essential oil or blend to fill your car with whichever scent you choose. The simple, easy-to-use magnetic lock and replaceable refill stick make this diffuser your go-to for the car. Shaped like a long black facet-cut stone, this diffuser looks like a crystal when the light hits it while driving.
What is passive diffusion?
Passive diffusion is defined as “The natural process in which the atoms, molecules or ions of different substances intermix due to their spontaneous random motion”.
You already know that you can reap the benefits of essential oils by simply bringing a bottle of essential oils to your nose and inhaling. But using an essential oil diffuser, like the Crystal Carfresh, lets you enjoy the benefits of essential oils hands-free and safely in the car.
Inhalation is an effective method of use for essential oils, so we made our Crystal Carfresh diffuser very convenient to use, as well as portable. The refill stick has a protective crystal-like shell so there is less evaporation of essential oils.
The Crystal Carfresh works the same way personal aromatherapy inhalers work: By dropping oil onto a cotton wick inside an inhaler. If you want personal and quick access to the benefits of essential oils with no water or electricity required, wherever you want to go, the Crystal Carfresh diffuser makes a great choice.
How to use the Crystal Carfresh Diffuser
The Crystal Carfresh Diffuser is simple and easy to use! It’s held together by magnets, so simply pull apart the two halves to get to the felt pad inside.
- Hold the metal clip base and pull out the crystal magnet cover.
- Add 5-6 drops of essential oil evenly onto the refill stick.
- Place the crystal magnet cover back on the metal clip base
- Clip the diffuser to the car vent.
Whether you like your refill pad totally soaked or use just a few drops, this will fill your car with scent.
One last tip: Make sure your essential oils go on the side that faces the air vent for maximum scent!
Tips for getting the most out of your Crystal Carfresh Diffuser
Obviously, our Crystal Carfresh diffuser is safe! But to get the most and longest use out of your diffuser, we’ve got a few tips:
- Use the refill stick included with your purchase. For best result, we recommend that you use Plant Therapy essential oils.
- Be sure to use a clean refill stick with each different essential oil.
- Please do not store essential oils in automobiles with high in-car temperatures and sun exposure.
- Essential oils are highly concentrated and should always be handled with care, including the amount for each use.
- Wash hands after handling the refill stick to prevent eye or skin irritation.
- Avoid dripping or spilling the essential oil to prevent staining. If essential oil dripping accidentally occurs, wipe off immediately.
- Keep away from children under 3 yrs. and pets to avoid accidental choking or ingestion.
- The refill stick is not food. Please do not ingest (even if it smells amazing!)
- Don’t use other materials or DIY versions of the refill stick – it could change the efficacy of the essential oils.
- Be aware that heat or air conditioning will affect how the scent of the oil permeates the car.
- Add more essential oils as needed as scent begins to fade.
How often should you replace your refill pad?
As often as needed, it’s really personal preference. You’ll notice it’s time to change out your refill pad when it stops holding scents as long, or when it loses efficacy as the rate of absorption lessons over time.
Help! I can’t smell my oils!
Can’t smell your essential oils? There might be a couple things causing this issue:
• Too little essential oil in the refill stick
• The refill stick can become worn after prolonged use
To fix this issue, there are a couple things you can do:
• For best performance, we recommend using Plant Therapy essential oils or other unadulterated oils.
• Consider adding more oil according to personal preference.
• Please replace with a new refill stick.
Can I keep essential oils in the car?
Our Crystal Carfresh essential oil diffuser can be kept in the car and will be completely fine at temperatures up to 185 degrees. But don’t keep your oils in the car! Generally, essential oils have the longest shelf life when stored in a cool, dry place.
Essential oils for car sickness:
We’ve already talked before about why you should be diffusing on road trips. One of the major reasons for this is that car sickness or nausea can be a serious problem. Diffusing essential oils to support digestive health can potentially be helpful in avoiding this issue.
- Peppermint: Fresh and familiar, Peppermint Essential Oil is the perfect buddy to take with you on the road. Got a tummy in distress? Peppermint helps to relax the muscles of the gastrointestinal tract so that you can get on properly digesting. And when everything is moving along like it should be, say goodbye to feeling cramped, bloated, and gassy . It is also known for easing feelings of nausea, making it perfect for anyone who tends to get motion sickness when they are in a car for too long.
- Ginger Root CO2: Getting car sick can quickly destroy a road trip. Let’s not dive into the gross specifics of it, but basically, if there’s a way to help stop that nausea in its tracks, why not give it a try? You’ve probably heard of ginger snap cookies and ginger sodas to help a stomach on the edge, right? Well, the same concept applies to Ginger Essential Oil. It has shown to support a healthy digestive system overall, but especially when experiencing nausea . Inhaling it deeply is such a quick and easy way to settle the stomach down and get some relief!
- Cardamom: This spicy and warm essential oil is a great go-to for helping to relieve nausea, abdominal cramping, and gas. That makes it perfect for long car rides that can cause discomfort on long road trips.
Use these oils alone or blend them together to create a very effective inhaler blend that will help keep tummies calm and comfortable!