On September 14, category 1 Hurricane Florence slammed the south eastern coastline, causing flooding and devastation, and leaving many people homeless:
- Over a million people were evacuated from their homes.
- Flooding blocked 1,200 roads in North Carolina alone.
- At least 44 people have died in storm-related incidents, across North Carolina, South Carolina and Virginia.
- 343,000 people were without power in North Carolina.
- More than 1,900 people remain in shelters across the Carolinas as late as last week, a count that may still grow with flooding still threatening coastal areas.
- Nearly 36 inches of rain fell over Elizabethtown, North Carolina.
- More than 11,000 homes were damaged by flooding.
What we’re doing:
To date, Plant Therapy donated over $4,600 to Red Cross disaster relief to help aid the victims of Hurricane Florence. To help combat the damage done by Florence, for several days starting September 14 we donated $1 to the American Red Cross for every order placed on our website.
Why we’re donating:
As a company, we have a unique ability to give back on a large scale. We at Plant Therapy believe in giving back as much as possible. This commitment includes responding to the national needs of our customers during times of disaster. Our hearts go out to those affected by this disaster.