Unfortunately, I’ve been getting sores on my lips periodically since I was a very little girl. I went a year without a single sore, however these last few months I’ve been getting them pretty regularly.
I’ve used Zovirax, l-lysine, Abreva, and various essential oil combinations with little improvement until using this fabulous combination. After only two applications the deep throbbing feeling subsides. I use it 2-3 times daily, depending on how soon I start applying, for 1-4 days. This DIY recipe is about a 3% dilution, which is safe for acute spot treatment.
What you’ll need:
- 1 ounce solid coconut oil (I infused mine with Melissa from my garden for a bit extra power, go here to learn how to infuse your carrier oils with herbs)
- .25 ounce Beeswax Pearls
- 10 drops Tea Tree
- 8 drops Cajeput
- 8 drops Eucalyptus Globulus
- 6 drops Sandalwood Australian
- Container to store.
What you’ll do:
- Melt Beeswax in a double boiler.
- Add coconut oil to melted beeswax over the double boiler. (melt on low and remove as soon as melted otherwise you run the risk of getting gritty coconut oil)
- After melted remove from heat.
- Add essential oils.
- Let cool slightly and whip for about 1 minute.
- Put a small dap on a q-tip and apply to affected area.
This post contains affiliate links which support Africa Heartwood Project. This means they will receive a commission if you make a purchase using these links. To learn more about Africa Heartwood Project click here.