By: Kimberly Daun, Certified Aromatherapist
These wipes are not only a breeze to make but easy for my kids to apply as well. I sometimes pin one to our tent or picnic blanket and it works fabulously at keeping the area around us free and clear of outdoor annoyances. Be sure to checkout our DIY Outdoor Spray, DIY Outdoor Lotion Bars, DIY Outdoor Candles.
What you’ll need:
- 2.5-quart airtight container (or really any size they will fit snugly in)
- Select-a-size” paper towels
- 1 tbsp Almond Carrier Oil (added protection from annoyances)
- 1 tbsp Coconut Carrier Oil (added protection from annoyances)
- 40 drops Nature Shield or KidSafe Shield Me
- 2 cups Witch Hazel*
What you’ll do:
- Cut a roll of paper towels in half using an electric knife or serrated bread knife.
- Place paper towels into the container, if you have to “smash” it a bit to fit, that is ok, once wet we are taking out the core!
- In a separate bowl add witch hazel, carrier oils, and essential oils.
- Mix well and immediately pour mixture over paper towels.
- Once soaked, you can easily remove the core.
- Seal with lid and use as you would any other wipes.
*If you decide to replace the witch hazel with water you’ll either A. Need to use a preservative (Optiphen Plus is one I use) or B. Keep stored in the refrigerator. The reason for this is that bacteria growth naturally occurs with water based products and a preservative or storing in the fridge helps keep it to a minimum.
This post contains affiliate links which support Africa Heartwood Project. This means they will receive a commission if you make a purchase using these links. To learn more about Africa Heartwood Project click here.