- Latin name: Ocimum basilicum
- Aroma Description: Like the herb itself, the oil’s aroma is sweet and fresh, with a slight balsamic undertone.
- The perfect go-to oil if you need to relax. The high linalool content makes it very, very calming.
- For a clear, focused mind, this is just what you need to stay sharp — In fact, that is exactly why Basil Linalool is used in both our Brain Aid Synergy and our Clarity Synergy!
- A great mood-lifter.
- Useful during meditation practices.
- Helpful for deterring outdoor annoyances.
No, this oil is not KidSafe!
We recommend a topical dilution maximum of 3.3%.
Add a few drops to your aromatherapy diffuser to enjoy the calming and focusing properties of Basil.
Where Basil Linalool is used on the body:
This essential oil can be a wonderful relief for overworked nerves or muscles when diluted properly. It is especially helpful for head and neck tension.
Oils to blend with:
Soothing Bath DIY:
Mix 2-3 drops of Basil Linalool in a tablespoon of unscented body wash or shampoo, then pour under the running water.
Slimming Gel DIY
What you’ll need:
- 32 drops Grapefruit Pink
- 16 drops Basil Linalool
- 16 drops Juniper Berry
- 8 drops Rosemary 1,8-Cineole
- 4 ounces Aloe Vera Jelly
- 4-ounce bottle
What you’ll do:
- Measure all ingredients.
- In a bowl mix together well.
- Transfer to bottle.
Apply to areas of concern once a day for up to 4 days. To help maximize results you can wear a wrap for up to 45 minutes a day. Be sure to rinse well after use. The essential oils used in this all-natural gel are known to increase circulation, diminish the appearance of unwanted skin ripples, and firm and tighten your skin.