Here at Plant Therapy, we’re always committed to continuous improvement. Sometimes that means taking a look at products we’ve had for quite some time and seeing if there’s any way to make it more effective, cleaner, and all-around better. We already took this approach to our Aloe Jellies and delivered a quality product with clean ingredients. So we set our sights on our Olive Lotions to see if there was room for improvement. Our product team worked hard to reformulate a customer favorite into something even better. Meet the result of those efforts: Body Lotions with Aloe & Shea.
Body Lotions with Aloe and Shea
Our Olive Body Lotions were pretty great to begin with. But there were a couple ingredients that weren’t as clean as they could be… so they had to go! We were able to source everything we needed for a quality product with clean ingredients. Even better, we were also able to lower the price on the lotions!
The rich, silky texture of the Body Lotions with Aloe and Shea will help keep your skin feeling soft and smooth. Formulated with soothing botanical ingredients, it will help to nourish your skin with all the hydrating benefits of Aloe, Sunflower Oil, and Shea Butter. Plus, it’s made without parabens, sulfates, phthalates, and artificial fragrances and dyes. Safe and gentle enough for everyday use, enjoy this lotion as part of your daily beauty regimen.
Four Luscious Scent Options
In addition to amazing ingredients, you can choose from four scent options (all with essential oils!) so you can use what’s best for you. Of course, we started with an unscented option. It’s perfect for all your oily DIYs or just anyone who has sensitive skin or is more sensitive to scents. You can’t go wrong with the classic, fresh, cool, grassy-minty scent of Peppermint Body Lotion. Plus Peppermint is known for offering a cooling feeling to the skin. For a burst of freshness, try Tea Tree Body Lotion for a fresh, medicinal aroma and skin-loving benefits. And, for a lovely soft scent, Lavender Body Lotion has a sweet, dry herbaceous aroma and is excellent for soothing irritated skin.
Body Lotions, Body Butters or Body Crèmes?
Everyone’s skin is different, which is why we’ve created a few options for you to use in your regular beauty routine. The Body Lotions with Aloe & Shea are thinner and absorb more quickly into your skin than our crèmes and butters. Because of this, they’re ideal for everyday moisturization. But sometimes our skin needs a little more help, especially during the winter months. Both our Body Butters and Age-Defying Body Crèmes have similar rich textures and powerfully moisturizing ingredients. Our Body Butters are perfect for regular moisturization, while our Age-Defying Body Crèmes provide extra skin nourishing and firming benefits from ingredients like Argan Oil, Squalane, and Vitamins C, B5, and E.
Meet the Ingredients
Meet all the wonderful ingredients in our Aloe & Shea Body Lotions:
- Aloe Vera Leaf Juice: Includes vitamins B1, B2, B6, C, choline, niacinamide, glycoprotein, enzymes, phenolic compounds, a variety of amino acids, phytochemicals, and salicylic acids.
- Aqua: Water
- Isopropyl Palmitate: Naturally derived from the coconut palm tree and acts as a moisturizer and emollient.
- Sunflower Seed Oil: Supports moisture retention in the skin. Naturally contains oleic acid, vitamin E, sesamol, and linoleic acid.
- Glyceryl Stearate (aka glyceryl monostearate): Moisturizer naturally derived from palm kernel, olives, or coconuts.
- Cetyl Alcohol: Moisturizer naturally derived from coconut, palm, or vegetable oils.
- Stearic Acid: A fatty acid that occurs naturally in plant fats. Acts as an emulsifier, emollient, and lubricant.
- Glycerin (aka glycerine and/or glycerol): Derived from vegetable sources, this ingredient helps moisturize and enhance the penetration of other ingredients into the skin’s uppermost layers.
- Phenoxyethanol: Used as a preservative, solvent, and antimicrobial ingredient. It’s also biodegradable and Whole Foods compliant.
- Shea Butter: Contains natural vitamins and fatty acids that make it nourishing and moisturizing for skin.
- Jojoba Seed Oil: Polyunsaturated wax, naturally contains vitamin E, vitamin B, silicon, chromium, copper, zinc, and iodine. Contains erucic, gadoleic, and oleic fatty acids. Highly moisturizing and supports healthy skin.
- Panthenol: Made from vitamin B5, or pantothenic acid, this helps keep skin soft and conditioned.
- Xanthan Gum: A skin-conditioning agent naturally derived from corn syrup.
- Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E): A powerful antioxidant that nourishes aging skin.
- Green Tea Leaf Extract: Helps bind moisture to the skin.
- Ethylhexylglycerin: Synthetic and derived from vegetable glycerin, this ingredient acts as a preservative to help keep formulas from spoiling.
We hope you love this new formula as much as we do!
Which scent are you most excited to try? Let us know in the comments below.