We’re always on the lookout for new and fun products to release. But where would we be without introducing our most customer-requested product… deodorant! We’ve been hard at work creating an effective natural deodorant that keeps you smelling amazing. It also doesn’t have any of the bad ingredients like aluminum, parabens, or synthetic fragrances.
Let’s take a look at what makes these natural deodorants your new best friend.
Grapefruit Cardamom and Tiare Flower Natural Deodorant
The natural ingredients in our natural deodorants will help your underarms stay fresh throughout the day while helping absorb and minimize wetness. Starting with a nourishing base of Coconut Oil, Shea Butter, and earth wax, the combination of tapioca starch, baking soda, and magnesium hydroxide work together to help neutralize odor, absorb wetness and keep you feeling dry. Plus the natural scent of Grapefruit Cardamom or Tiare Flower will leave you with a fresh, natural scent.
These scents were also chosen for a reason! Not only will they help you smell wonderful, but they’re two of our most popular body care scents. Now you can coordinate for a full-body scent experience.
This natural deodorant is made without synthetic fragrance, parabens, and aluminum. It’s also non-GMO and cruelty-free.
Meet the Ingredients
Before we talk about anything else, we need to get one very crucial detail out of the way. This natural deodorant does not contain aluminum. Found in most antiperspirants, aluminum works by blocking the pores and not allowing sweat to escape. This can lead to problems like irritation, stains on your clothing, or even overheating as it interferes with your body’s natural process of cooling down. By using natural ingredients to absorb wetness, it allows your body to self regulate the temperature while keeping you fresh and dry. Let’s take a look at each of the superstar ingredients and how they work to keep you smelling good.
- Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride: Derived from coconuts, this oil helps the deodorant go on smoothly.
- Tapioca Starch: Extracted from the cassava plant, this starch helps keep you feeling dry throughout the day.
- Ozokerite: Also known as earth wax, it stabilizes all the ingredients and helps keep things properly emulsified.
- Magnesium Hydroxide: Also found in antacids like Milk of Magnesia, Magnesium Hydroxide partners with baking soda to help neutralize odor-causing bacteria.
- Sodium BIcarbonate: Also known as baking soda, it is a natural and safe mineral that helps neutralize odor-causing bacteria. *For those sensitive to baking soda, we have a sensitive skin deodorant in the works! Stay tuned.
- Coconut Oil: Also known as Cocos Nucifera Oil, it provides an excellent base for the deodorant and is packed with rich fatty acids, vitamins, and antioxidants.
- Shea Butter: A great moisturizer that is full of antioxidants and vitamins. After all, your pits need a little love too.
- Lactobacillus: A healthy bacteria and probiotic that is naturally found in your gut. It helps combat the bad, odor-causing bacteria found under your arms.
- Natural Fragrance: Made from only pure essential oils and isolates (chemical constituents isolated from essential oils for their aroma… learn more here), this completely natural ingredient gives the deodorant, and your underarms, a wonderfully fresh scent.
Tips for Making the Switch
If you’ve been using traditional deodorant for years, switching to natural deodorant can be a stinkier process than maybe you were expecting. As your pits detox and your pores start to become unclogged from the aluminum, it can cause extra odor leading to a very smelly transition period. Don’t despair! While you’re waiting for your pits to get used to the switch, you can add a few things to your routine to keep the odor to a minimum as you embrace your new natural journey.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: ACV doesn’t just belong in your kitchen. Widely appreciated for its antibacterial properties, it can help minimize odor during your transition. Just make sure to dilute it in equal parts water before applying it to your underarms.
- Bentonite Clay: Another great ingredient for your arsenal when it comes to making the switch to natural deodorant. It may help speed up the detox process and soothe your skin.
- Charcoal Scrub: Don’t forget to exfoliate! (Gently, of course.) The scrub can help unclog your pores so your body can adapt to the new deodorant.
- Time: In addition to the other products, your underarms just need some time. It will vary from person to person. But don’t give up! Your body will adjust and things will find their equilibrium before you know it.
Which scent are you excited to try first? Let us know in the comments below!