Mmmmmmmmm. These smell divine! In my search for homemade Gift Ideas, I found THIS post about homemade Gelatin Air Fresheners using essential oils! Who would have guessed?! I think they are beautiful, they smell wonderful, and make the perfect gift for anyone!
What you will need:
- 1 ounce powdered gelatin
- 2 cups water divided into (2) 1 cups
- 1 tbsp of salt
- 20-30 drops of you favorite essential oils (I used Sensual and Tranquil) Other options would be Citrus Burst as well as our Holiday Blends!
- Food coloring: You only need one or two drops. I think I added too much! (optional)
- Heatproof container to put gelatin air fresheners in
- Small saucepan
- Stick to stir gelatin with
Bring one cup of water to a boil in the small saucepan. Add the gelatin. Whisk until smooth and gelatin has dissolved. Once gelatin is dissolved add the salt and second cup of water. Set aside.
Add the essential oils and food coloring to the jar. Dump the gelatin mixture on top and stir. Allow to cool.
Aren’t these great? They smell so good and I think they are so cute. I used a large size gelatin to get a texture to be able to stir mine when the smell got low. I love the way it turned out. Nobody would guess that you made these yourself. Plus, they are not full of all of the toxic perfumes!!
This post contains affiliate links which support Africa Heartwood Project. This means they will receive a commission if you make a purchase using these links. To learn more about Africa Heartwood Project click here.