Are you enjoying the holidays, or simply surviving the holidays?
I don’t know about you, but I love this time of year. Yes, it can get hectic. That’s why I look for easy essential oil DIYs to make my life easier, and to make my home smell like the holidays.
There’s always more activity in the kitchen during the holidays. Our dear friend, the garbage disposal, can smell like a nightmare when it’s neglected. It works so hard for us — churning and disposing of dish washing leftovers — that it’s time to give it a nice holiday refresher.
This easy Gingerbread Kitchen Sink Drain Smell Remover will leave your family and house guests wondering how your home smells so wonderful. Make extra and give the gift of fresh kitchen sinks this Christmas. A simple gift, but definitely needed for holiday survival!
Gingerbread Kitchen Sink Drain Smell Remover
What you’ll need:
- 1 ⅓ cups baking soda
- ½ cup water
- Silicone mold
- Gingerbread Essential Oil Blend* (you won’t need this until you’re ready to use them, after baking )
What you’ll do:
- Mix baking soda and water to form a thick paste.
- Press into silicone mold of your choice.
- Bake at 200 degrees for 30 minutes
- Turn off oven, allow to cool.
- Remove from oven and allow to sit in mold overnight.
- Unmold and store in an airtight container.
- To use, remove one from the container and add 3-4 drops of Gingerbread Essential Oil Blend.*
- Place in the disposal with a few tablespoons of white vinegar.
- When it starts to foam turn on the disposal and run warm water through for several seconds.
*Can substitute with any Holiday Blend.