In partnership with clinicians at Orlando Health, Plant Therapy is excited to introduce Smellease™, our first single-use, disposable aromatherapy packets using three of our pure essential oils, Lavender, Ginger, and Peppermint
Benefits of Single-Use Aromatherapy Packets
- Essential Oils have been used, studied and proven to help with many physical and psychological conditions and symptoms. These include anxiety, fatigue, insomnia, nausea and vomiting, pain, and stress reduction.
- Single-use packets designed in partnership with nurses & aromatherapists
- Essential oils are 3rd party tested guaranteeing highest quality & purity
- 100% bamboo fibers are eco-friendly & naturally resistant to bacteria
- Proven patient well-being tool validated with clinical research
- Effective and easy to implement in healthcare patient comfort policies
The Clinical Need & Challenge
- Aromatherapy is already an acceptable mode of non-invasive practice in many hospitals, and is used to reduce nausea, anxiety, and pain in some patients.
- Some hospitals provide limited aromatherapy through in house pharmacy services. Current process relies on large multi dose bottles as a delivery system, leaving aromatherapy underutilized.
- Need for easy to use way to incorporate aromatherapy in the clinical setting.
The Clinical Answer
- Smellease presents an easy-to-store and easy to-use-solution to facilitate on demand, single serve aromatherapy in clinical settings
- Clinical Trial Summary: Nurses' perception favored use of single packet delivery method of aromatherapy. High ease of use for single-packet version. Perception that aromatherapy is effective in use in perioperative setting (4.4/5)
Meet The Clinicians
Alison Ruiz, RN
Alison is an MSN prepared registered nurse currently managing multiple programs and special
projects at Orlando Health-Health Central Hospital. She is a former Critical Care RN and
Critical Care Learning Specialist. She is service and safety oriented with a passion for
performance improvement, research and evidence-based practice, and high-quality patient care.
Alison is also a cancer survivor, and understands on a personal level the value of processes and
practices that allow nurses to fully focus on the well-being (holistic care) of their patients.
She enjoys her work helping create and streamline these processes. She is a wife, mother of two,
and when not advocating for nurses and patients, she is at the beach.
Alison is a certified holder in Complementary and Integrative Health, Holistic and Integrative Health, and Healing Environments for Body, Mind, and Spirit.
Kelly Kollstedt, RN
Kelly is a Perioperative Clinical Assistant Nurse Manager and the previous Chair of Nursing
Research Council at Health Central Hospital. Kelly works to advance the nursing profession and
improve the quality of health care delivered by nurses at Orlando Health and nationwide. She is
dedicated to lead nurses to develop the knowledge and importance of research that helps improve
nursing processes and continues to support nurses as they navigate their work. Kelly helped
develop the first policy for aromatherapy and process of use at Orlando Health after seeing
firsthand the positive effects of aromatherapy use in patients with post op nausea and vomiting.
Kelly is CAPA Certified for perianesthesia, published in the Journal for Human Caring for comfort interventions in pre-op settings and in MEDSURG Nursing for patient centered care delivery, and is the recipient of the 2019 Orlando Health Nursing Excellence Award.
Ready to bring Aromatherapy into your practice?
To shop our wholesale Smellease™ aromatherapy packets, click Shop NowShop Now
To get in touch with Plant Therapy or Orlando Health’s clinical team on how you can implement Smellease at your facility, fill out the Contact Form Below
The International Federation of Aromatherapists does not recommend that essential oils be taken
internally unless under the supervision of a medical doctor who is also qualified in clinical
aromatherapy. All cautions listed for individual oils do not include those cautions from ingestion.
This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.