During the holidays, our kitchens get an extra workout.
Keep yours smelling fresh and clean with these fun little baking soda disks. They can be used to refresh your kitchen sink drain, garbage disposal or even your toilet! Enjoy the bright fresh scent of Lemon in your kitchen after using one of these disks OR give as a gift to your favorite chef!
What you’ll need:
- 1 1/3 cup baking soda
- 1/2 cup water
- you won’t add essential oils until you’re ready to use them, after baking (I chose Lemon)
What you’ll do:
- Mix baking soda and water to form a thick paste
- Press into silicon mold of your choice
- Bake at 200 degree for 30 minutes
- Shut off oven, allow to cool
- Then move to counter and allow mold to sit overnight
- Un-mold after 24 hours
- Store in airtight container
To use, remove one from your jar and drop essential oils (about 5-8 drops) onto the molded baking soda. Place in your disposal. Now, pour 1/2 cup vinegar into the drain and allow a few seconds to foam. At this point, you can run the disposal to help refresh the drain/disposal. I chose Lemon, but you can use any scent you wish!