DIY “slime,” or Gak, is everywhere right now, and there’s a great reason for it. This gooey sensory toy is the perfect DIY craft for keeping kiddos entertained during Spring Break or Summer vacation, or even simply providing a calming sensory experience during dreaded Time Out tantrums.
- 2 cups Water
- 2 tsp Borax
- 1 10 oz bottle of clear glue (like Elmers)
- Glitter, food coloring for color, or small seed beads for a sensory “crunch”
- 6 drops of a KidSafe® synergy*
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Carrier Oil
- Add 6 drops of your favorite KidSafe® oil or synergy to 1 Tbsp Coconut Carrier Oil in a small bowl and set aside.
- Microwave your water until almost boiling. Stir in your Borax until it is completely dissolved (If you want colored slime, add 5-10 drops food coloring to your solution now as well).
- Combine your glue in a separate bowl with 6 drops of your KidSafe® essential oil + Coconut Carrier Oil mix (or your pre-diluted KidSafe® essential oil)
- Pour your hot water and Borax solution over the glue + essential oil mixture. Stir your liquid until a thickened slime forms on top of your mixture.
- Collect your slime with the spoon and transfer to a new bowl. Continue stirring your mixture until all of the slime has been skimmed off, leaving only water in your bowl.
- If you’re adding glitter, knead in your glitter or seed beads to the slime and work it in with your hands.
- Make sure you store your slime in a sealed container such as a Ziploc bag or Tupperware to keep it fresh!
Use your imagination (and your child’s) to create your own personalized DIY sensory slime!